About our client
Our Client is a global leader in providing air and ocean freight forwarding services.
About the role
This opportunity is to develop a solid pipeline of CSI/MNC Opportunities on a regional/cross-country level, including:
- Pro-active liaison with CSI/MNC Customer Managers to understand customers’ CDZ decision making structure.
- Pro-active coordination of customer meetings targeting customs/trade compliance decision makers.
- Solution design development across the region and/or cross-country solutions.
- Liaison with regional customer implementation team to ensure a smooth rollout.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to review customs brokerage performance.
- Support customer troubleshooting related to customs brokerage.
- Have one point of contact for customers on a regional and/or cross-country level.
Ensure RFQ/RFI Consistency & Competitiveness across the region, including:
- Act as the Customs Operations Specialist gatekeeper for regional/global customs RFQs (lead-region concept).
- Develop & maintain a regional RFQ Pricing Database to be used when responding to regional/global stand alone brokerage RFQs.
- Perform regional pricing quality checks of rates in regional/global RFQs (ensure consistency & accuracy).
- Develop & maintain a regional RFQ response library to be used when responding to regional/global RFIs.
In addition to those listed above, other tasks include:
- Liaison with the regional sales head to develop regional sales & marketing initiatives.
- Customize & implement cohesive sales & marketing materials on a regional basis.
- Develop reporting & analyze sales channel reporting for all sectors.
- Ultimately, secure year over year growth of product revenue & profitability.
You will have
- More than 4 years of marketing, strategy, or sales experience in a logistics environment required.
- Experience in business development and customs brokerage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical skills with ability to solve problems and develop creative solutions.
- Solid understanding of costing/pricing, financial analysis, and P&L management.
- Ability to think strategically at a regional level and to develop creative product solutions.
- Strong project and time management skills, including ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong negotiation skills.