About our client
The client is a pharmaceutical company discovers, develops, produces, and markets drugs or pharmaceuticals for medical use.
About the role
The Regional BA is a critical business partnering role in providing strategic financial analysis to optimize financial return and business performance. This position provides a key source of financial expertise for the regional sector team as well as acting as a finance lead to support the business sectors. This position works with several functional areas including HR, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Manufacturing Operations across the ASEAN countries to facilitate sound business decision making.
- The Regional BA will coordinate the forecasting and planning cycle across ASEAN and partner with the ASEAN MD and FD in crafting business reviews with senior leaders.
- To perform financial evaluation of business opportunities and activities such as new product launches, product design upgrades, and significant marketing investments to ensure consistency with business strategy and corporate and regional objectives. Provide timely and meaningful business and financial insight to enable good decisions to be made.
- To look into feasibility of regional capital projects to ensure profitable business decision and review completed projects to determine profitability and achievement of original objective.
- To manage monthly reporting including financial performance dashboard, tracking cost savings, and other Key Performance Indicator reports.
- Lead the control and management of regional headquarter cost – actual tracking as well as forecasting/budgeting of these costs.
- Provide regional guidance and advisory to country teams, as needed.
- Provide guidance and insights to Shared Services team, as needed, to ensure business view and sense-checks are in place.
You will have
- A degree in accounting, business administration or other appropriate field of study with at least 5 years of experience in a variety of financial analysis or business analyst roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills (forecasting and budgeting, capital investment analysis) with good commercial acumen. Be adept in structuring and solving unstructured business issues.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight time demands.
- Ability and comfort in challenging the status quo.
- As a change agent for the broader organization, a qualified person must be able to identify best practices and lead process improvements as well communicate effectively up and down the organizational ladder.
- A high degree of computer proficiency, general knowledge of finance and accounting principles. Knowledge of planning systems such as Hyperion would be an advantage.