About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role will assist the Regional Head in coordination AML compliance programmes for the Retail Banking business in Asia Pacific. The role will support the Regional Head in the development, implementation and management of the business-specific Regional AML Program and projects for Retail Banking. The role will also assist the Regional Head in providing guidance to the Country Retail AML officers who implement and manage the Retail Banking Regional AML Program within their respective countries. The role will also participate in the implementation of global/regional AML initiatives/projects, and undertakes tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Head.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of the AML and Sanctions Policy, and the various Global AML Directives in the relevant Retail Banking business in Asia Pacific. Special focus on Retail Banking advisory support towards the implementation of the latest KYC initiative.
- Works closely with the Regional Head and the Regional AML Team in effectively managing AML risks in Asia Pacific.
- Ensures Organisation’s adherence to applicable AML laws and regulations in Asia Pacific with the development and implementation of the Retail Banking Regional AML Program.
- Forms part of the Regional Retail Banking AML Team which is responsible for managing the Retail Banking Regional AML Program, as well as to assist the respective businesses within the countries develop effective AML programs, including programs to provide AML training to appropriate personnel within the business.
- Collaborates closely with Technology and Operations (globally/regional) on the implementation and management of effective policies and processes for the performance of KYC and AML monitoring, as well as the production of relevant AML metrics.
- Participates meaningfully in global/regional AML initiatives to enhance and/or improve AML controls in the relevant business and/or across all Group’s businesses, as applicable.
- Provide support and guidance to Country AML Officers on the Regional Retail Banking and Country Retail Banking AML Programs, as applicable.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Country Retail Banking AML Officer on possible ML/TF risks, and on the prevention, detection and reporting of suspicious activity as required by AML polices and applicable local law.
- Coordinates and consolidates timely, complete and accurate MIS/Dashboard reporting of Regional Retail Banking specific AML issues, and any other reports as may be required.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in the field of AML/CTF, as well as of legal/regulatory changes.
You will have
- Minimum Degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance/Law or related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years in the financial services industry.
- Minimum three (3) years in Compliance and/or AML Compliance and/or legal, audit, and risk management role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Citi Global AML Policies and Control standards and policies, as well as the relevant Global GCB AML Program and policies.
- Familiar with ML/TF typologies and risks associated with the relevant Citi business.
- Ability to interface and partner with Compliance/AML/Control/Technology/Operations and Business across countries.
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks with a sense of urgency and with the ultimate goal of delivering tasks on time.
- Independent and works with minimum supervision.
- Proactive execution of priorities and goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams, management and front line associates.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Good analytical, process management and implementation skills.