About the role
The Client is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry looking for professionals with Retail Banking & Wealth Management expertise, who combine innovative thinking with the organizations’ unrivalled first-hand industry knowledge to offer clients consulting expertise in the Retail Banking & Wealth Management domain function, complex technology and package integration, and manage services to move their organizations forward.
This role requires dynamic individuals with strong Project Management experience in the Retail Banking & Wealth Management domains, with any expertise in Personal Banking, Mortgages, Loans, Credit Cards, Savings and Investments, and Insurance services.
- To lead projects from initiation through implementation including phases such as planning, analysis, monitor development and implementation in the Retail Banking & Wealth Management business sector;
- To establish project scope, goals, requirements, priorities, and deadlines;
- To establish tasks and resource requirements ;
- To assemble and coordinate project staff, manage project budgets and resource allocation i.e. staff, equipment, vendors and consultants across one or more projects;
- To plan and schedule project timelines and to track project deliverables using appropriate tools;
- To provide direction and support to project team;
- To ensure quality assurance in deliverables, constantly monitor and report progress of projects to all stakeholders;
- To implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs;
- Ensures project is completed in accordance with all Risk, Compliances and other relevant requirement guidelines.
You will have
- Bachelor Degree, post graduate or professional qualifications in Law, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Banking or related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in Mandarin is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in project management in the financial services/banking industry, in particular, Retail Banking & Wealth Management business with any - personal banking, mortgages, loans, credit cards, savings and investments, and insurance services.
- Open to be based abroad on short term assignments ranging from 6-9 months.
- Malaysian citizenship.
- Ability to understand retail banking and wealth management and project nuances to deliver highest benefit to the Business.
- Ability to manage and resolve issues through mediation, negotiation with management level, or escalation to higher.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate sound judgment in knowing when/what to escalate and to whom.
- Ability to anticipate/Identify and remediate risks before they become issues.