About our client
Our client is a fast expanding organisation in the construction industry in Malaysia. Currently they are looking after several notable projects not limited to the RAPID Development Initiative (Refinery & Petrochemical Integrated Development), a project with investment value north of RM100 billion. With an in-house technical expert team, they are now seeking this high profile role.
About the role
This role will have oversight of all construction operations for the business and report to the COO. It is a visible role intended to act as the contact for the key customer stakeholders engaged via the company’s most visible projects. The role will oversee a team of a few dozen construction professionals delivering solutions to the customer.
- Responsibilities will be varied, but focused on delivering excellence to the end customer and reporting to the COO of the business with whom this role will work hand in hand.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong planning & project management skills having overseen high profile mega projects in the past.
- Understanding of the construction/project management lifecycles, you as the successful candidate will be able to effectively ensure delivery of projects to deadlines and face off senior level stakeholders (for example client, contractor, government related or consultant).
- Demonstrating your negotiating ability, you will be able to optimise the budgets for the respective projects and effectively direct the team (prior on-site experience and knowledge will be highly useful).
- Maintaining contingency plans, running meetings with clients as well as dealing with contracts.
- The role will require interaction with the senior management team including the CEO where necessary.
You will have
- Civil engineering bachelor degree.
- Project Management certifications along with construction management experience will be preferred.
- Minimum 10 years worth of experience running a construction team for a high-profile project.
- Been able to demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills and sensitivities, understanding the business from their perspective to ensure effective delivery.
- Expert project management skills and capability to execute timely and efficiently to the satisfaction of your key stakeholder groups.
- Strong character and leadership skills, able to counter and provide solutions to various challenge that emerge during the course of a project’s life-cycle.
- Effective planning skills and be able to demonstrate these as such via meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritise and delegate your project tasks & responsibilities.