About our client
Our client is a leading global resources company. In Kuala Lumpur, their functions predominantly as a transactional hub for global operations providing Human Resources, Supply, Financial services and Technology, running on SAP. As a global employer, our employees are exposed to global operating standards, extensive learning and development programs.
About the role
We seek a well-rounded and dynamic individual to join the Supply team as a Lead Purchasing. Reporting to the Manager Supply Purchasing, you will be responsible to coordinate the activities of a team and provide leadership in performing the Supply mandated activities, ensuring effective resource utilization and operational needs are met in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with defined policies and procedures. The successful candidate should possess strong leadership qualities to lead the team in achieving performance targets, as well as champion ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates and overriding commitment to Health, Safety, Environment and Community.
- Ensure alignment with and compliance to internal controls including Group Level Documents, Code of Business, agreements, systems, standards and procedures.
- Leads, coaches and mentors team members to ensure delivery against performance targets and developing technical competencies of team members.
- Leads the implementation and monitors effectiveness of Continuous Improvement initiatives with support from Supply Analysis & Improvement (A&I).
- Monitors expectations, understanding and applications of Supply processes within the team to support compliance with local, internal and external audit requirements.
- Monitors and manages the reporting of mandated activities delivering a consistent service level, achieving set performance targets and KPI's per the Operating Model.
- Validate mandated Supply processes are understood, valued and adhered.
- Supports the Manager Processing Supply with performance and insights on the management of Supply risk, service delivery, issues and the relevant mitigating actions.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal functions to ensure operational requirements are met in line with schedules.
- Provide a point of escalation and support on request from Business Partner (s) /Principal Purchasing Partner (s).
- Supports the Manager Supply Purchasing in business engagement activities.
- Identifies, builds and develops Supply function talent and capability, including a pipeline of talent for key positions.
- Participate in various projects, in various capacities, as required.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Commercial, Engineering or related discipline.
- 4 – 5 years of working experience in a Regional or International Supply service provision position.
- At least 2 – 3 years of managerial experience, leading sub teams and/or projects.
- Ability to manage a team size of 10-15.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage confidently with stakeholders and explain complex issues, able to collaborate with multiple small groups of internal stakeholders or middle management level.
- Experience in the delivery of Purchasing in a large MNC to a variety of regional customers.
- Thorough understanding of Purchasing functional process .
- Working knowledge of process improvement processes and methodology highly desirable.
- Understanding of internal audit controls and SOX controls.
- Process orientation – shows attention to detail and is action oriented to follow and improve on processes and procedures.
- Business acumen – understands organisational products and services, and applies basic business terminology.
- Planning and organising – prioritises own work and completes tasks to assigned deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills.
- Strong skills in SAP (MM module) and e-business such as Ariba is essential - MUST.
- Proficient in MS Office suite application such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and have data analytical skills and reporting capability.