About our client
Our client is a refined oils and fats company with vision to be the top 3 players in the market.
About the role
- The Market Analyst (MA) will work on market analysis with the Head of Sales and be responsible for developing market related strategy & monitoring execution.
- The MA will play a key role in constructing hypotheses; gathering & analyzing data; interviewing internal & external subject matter experts; benchmarking industry/comparable company data; developing insights & implications & translating these into recommendations & execution timetables. Subsequently, the MA will be responsible for monitoring & iterating the recommendation design & execution.
- The MA will have direct contact with Senior Management & a high degree of independence.
- After 2 or 3 years, based on performance, the MA may move into a role in which he or she leads projects; coach junior colleagues & take responsibility for strategic, operational & organizational initiatives.
- Monitor and forecast marketing & sales trends.
- Support all marketing reporting, forecasting & budgeting.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs & strategies.
- Gather data about consumers, competitors, & market conditions.
- Analyze data & lead marketing analytics functions including data integration, reporting, dashboards, predictive analytics, customer segmentation & survey research.
- Convert data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, & written reports.
- Prepare reports and present results to clients & management.
- Identify and implement tools, systems and processes to automate reporting & support data-driven decisions.
- Monitor and assess new product ROI and growth statistics.
You will have
- Degree in Marketing with a strong background in mathematics & statistical analysis.
- 3 years’ experience in marketing, business or financial analytics role.
- Experience with business intelligence tools.
- Analytical & skilled at using data to drive business decisions.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to simplify data into easily-consumed visuals.
- Very strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Excellent organization & record keeping skills.