About our client
Our client offers a wide range of personal and commercial insurance products including property, liability, motor, home, personal accident, medical & property.
About the role
This role is to communicate and implement Underwriting policies and procedures for acquisition, pricing and control of profitable business.
- Undertake statistical analysis of the specific class of business involved, advice on minimum rates and monitor for claims trends.
- Provide technical supports for branches, to source for quotation from professional reinsurer wherever necessary.
- Review and evaluate submissions which exceed underwriter's authority, providing direction to the underwriters.
- Provide quotation to branches for risks which exceed branch authority limits.
- Ensure all policies, proposals and related documents are updated regularly.
- Communicate professionally on timely basis regarding enquiries, underwriting decision and company products and services.
- Develop new products together with sales and marketing based market requirements, as well as provide regional trainings.
You will have
- More than 5 years of working experience in related/similar functions and capacity.
- Degree in Insurance/Law/Business Administration or other recognized professional qualification.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of personnel (i.e. internal and external customers) effectively.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications (i.e. Word Excel and Power Point).
Goal-driven and objective-oriented, highly motivated and strong teamwork among colleagues.