About our client
Our client is a conglomerate with interests in environment and power sectors.
About the role
This role is to Drafts and reviews legal documents and provision of legal advice to enable the Company to conduct its daily business in compliance with legal requirements and applicable laws.
- Prepare legal documents for the execution by the Company and/or customers of the department ie subsidiaries and other departments.
Legal Advisory & Compliance
- Assist supervisor in provision of legal advice to clarify any vagueness on points of law, applications and enforceability and any dispute or proceedings threatened against the Company.
- Provide updates in laws to the Company and officers of the Company and/or customers of the department.
- Assist supervisor in monitoring and reviewing records and transactions in order to identify potential or actual problem of non-compliance.
- Advice supervisor identified errors, improper conduct or compliance exceptions to regulatory requirements receive appropriate correct action.
Merger & Acquisitions
- Assist supervisor with review, comment, negotiation and amendment of the contents of prepared documents.
- Highlight to the supervisor/Company and/or customers of the department, the legal implications, enforceability and compliance of laws.
Management and Administration of the Department
- Prepare for review and comment by the supervisor and finalise the Policies and Procedures of the department and such other policies and procedures to be used by the department.
- Monitor and ensure compliance and adherence of the Policies and Procedures of the department by the staff of the department and the Company and/or customers of the department.
You will have
- LLB/Bachelor of Laws.
- 4 – 6 years after being called to the Bar or graduation (if did not proceed with pupillage).
- Core Competencies: Customers Orientation, Achieving Result with Passion, Demonstrating Accountability and Integrity, Working as a Team, Learning and Developing Self Competency.
- Generic Competencies: Strategic Management, Business and Financial Acumen, Project Management, Problem Solving and Decision Making, People Management.