About our client
Our client is a leading global provider of software solutions for the insurance and banking/financial services industry, with a strong presence in Europe, Asia and Australia.
About the role
Our client is looking for an IT scheduler to join their vibrant team in Kuala Lumpur. The winning candidate will be required to manage the migration of the company’s existing scheduling system to a new environment, as well as maintain the new scheduler environment. The candidate will also take part in the project management process including drafting documentations and managing timelines.
- Migrate existing LINUX based shell scripts scheduled using cron tab to a new scheduler environment.
- Migrate existing Windows based batch jobs to a new scheduler environment.
- Migrate all other existing job schedules to a new scheduler environment.
- Create new jobs in the new scheduler environment.
- Integrate the new scheduler with monitoring tools to enhance monitoring.
Project Management and Documentation
- Manage issues, action items and risk logs.
- Draft stakeholder presentation and follow-up for approval or closure.
- Draft project documentation like timeline, resource and finance documentation and follow-up for approval or closure.
- Draft technical documentation like design, test, implementation and production documentation and follow-up for approval or closure.
- Schedule meetings and summarise discussions.
- Follow-up on pending action items.
- Setup, coordinate and prepare for the testing and implementation.
You will have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- LINUX administration, scripting, and scheduling using cron tab.
- Windows administration and batch files scheduling.
- Proficiency in SQL tools.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Well versed with the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Project management and documentation skills.
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply.