About our client
Our client is a largest MNC bank in Malaysia, offers a full range of personal and commercial services from a network of branches and direct channels
About the role
This role is to lead and manage the Securities Services Operation, a high profile management position accountable for building scalable Custody based operation to provide foundation to support significant future offshore growth aspirations of the business.
- Provide continuous process improvement ideas and smooth migration of new functions from the onshore business partner.
- Accountable for financial planning to achieve cost targets.
- Set, manage and execute the annual budget and rolling operating plan and achieve cost management and saving targets for the business.
- Implement effective management and performance reporting to monitor ‘service quality’ and ensure appropriate metrics are in place to meet and exceed service standards and targets.
- Provide input on global and regional operational committees.
- Develop and maintain a professional, high quality operation and establish & maintain appropriate operational governance structure.
- Effectively drive and manage change programmes to achieve business goals & provide effective control and risk management across operational disciplines.
- Motivate team performance through effective communication and implementation of best practice to achieve department and business goals.
- Position holder will need to be based offshore in Kuala Lumpur and be willing to travel other locations and onshore global stakeholders as necessary.
You will have:
- Knowledge of clients and products across range of securities services.
- Management position with exposure to external and internal stakeholders across multiple geographical locations.
- Management position with exposure to remuneration, performance management, team building and staff development.
- Fund Administration and or Custody, focusing on large scale back and/or middle office is preferred.
- Strongly proactive and self driven and multi tasking across time zones.
- Multi-cultural background or experience, ability to work across broad range of cultures in support of Group values and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail.
- Solid planning and organisational skills, with a proven ability to prioritise competing demands and communicate this effectively.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver large change programmes, within an operational context
- Strong focus on streamlining and standardisation.
- Strong visionary leadership with high interpersonal skills necessary to direct and motivate a large team to achieve results.
- Detailed knowledge of global market infrastructure.