About our client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
To plan, drive and manage overall risk of Fund Management Division, this includes investment risk (including credit, market and liquidity risk) and operational risk but excludes management of regulatory compliance.
- Plan and drive management of investment risk, including monitoring.
- Plan and drive implementation of operational risk within first line of defense (FLOD), provide challenge and oversight over FLOD.
- Provide timely reporting to Senior Management, Committee & Board (including Investment Commitment, Credit Review Committee) on key risk matters.
- Provide advisory services and training on investment and operational risk assessment and tools to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess, review, and manage risk arising from new products/funds to be launched.
- Timely review of all risk management framework and policies.
- Timely review and update of internal operational processes and manuals to reflect latest process.
- To ensure “satisfactory” rating is accorded in audit performed by internal and external auditors.
- Timely closure of any audit issues or implementation of areas of improvements/recommendations.
You will have
- Degree or Professional qualifications in Finance, Accounting, economics and similar discipline.
- 10-15 years’ experience in banking, finance, fund management related principles.
- 8-10 years’ experience in fund management, treasury, market risk related and use of risk management tools.
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.