About our client
The Client is an exchange holding company offering the complete range of exchange-related services including trading, clearing, settlement and depository services.
About the role
The role will develop policies, measures and initiatives which will help raise corporate governance standards. The role will also act as the coordinator for in-house corporate governance initiatives.
- Development of policies, measures and initiatives for enhancing corporate governance standards – policies: internal operational policies and procedures; - initiatives: education and awareness programmes, engaging with regulatory bodies, institutions, and professional bodies; public relations initiatives – media messages which will be jointly undertaken with Corporate Communications.
- Oversee the implementation of policies, measures and initiatives developed.
- Monitor effectiveness and relevancy of policies, measures and initiatives undertaken.
- Propose policy reviews and amendments to the Head of Corporate Surveillance, Chief Regulatory Officer and SC.
- Oversee benchmarking activities of international best practices concerning trends, standards and actions.
- Analyzing the results and making appropriate recommendations to the Head of Corporate Surveillance, CRO and SC.
- Advise external parties and internal parties on Corporate Governance related issues to ensure that the standards are in line with international standards. For internal parties, this will include advising them on actions leading to improving Corporate Governance standards.
- Managing staff performance and ensure that staff learning and development needs are met in order for them to support the department’s initiatives. This will include setting appropriate targets against those of the department and monitoring the team’s performance. The incumbent shall also identify area for development and recommend appropriate training.
You will have
- Minimum Degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance/Law or related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years in corporate finance, corporate legal, auditing, forensic accounting in the banking/securities and futures/investment banking/capital markets industry with related experience in management and corporate sustainability.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Companies’ Act, Capital Markets and Securities Act and other relevant rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (Malaysian & International) including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- A sound knowledge of the Groups businesses, including products & services.
- Leadership, management and coaching skills.