About our client
Our client is an MNC bank in Malaysia, offers a full range of personal and commercial services from a network of branches and direct channels.
About the role
This role revolves around the Global Risk where the team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, and regulatory compliance. Our client is seeking an experienced professional to join this team in to contribute to the achievement of targets by promoting strong underwriting standards.
- Ensure that credit risk policies related to Wholesale risks are understood by the appropriate stakeholders.
- To position the loan portfolio by aligning new advances and resources and limit exposures, ensuring compliance within the Country Risk Plan while implementing guidelines on credit quality/issues, profitability, sectors and procedures.
- Promote credit quality through timely and forward looking risk reviews and work with Credit Approvers to continuously improve the quality of credit applications.
- Be fully engaged around growth plans by ensuring active dialogue in pipeline meeting, whitelisting and customer visits.
- Provides support/guidance to the development of account managers in the business lines and championing of a high-performance culture.
- To handle the management of costs and headcount in line with plan.
- Adherence to the Operational Risk Framework and the highest levels of internal control and compliance.
- Develop strong and regular forums to communicate with the relevant stakeholders within the business.
- Manage Sustainability and Reputational Risk in the businesses within acceptable levels.
You will have
- A Post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- Working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level.
- Good knowledge of Wholesale/Corporate Banking and Markets and related Risk Management.
- A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures.
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally and to form effective relationships and exercise influence at the most senior level of the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and proven leadership and ability to lead change.