About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Heading compliance for the Islamic subsidiary of the Banking Group. The incumbent will be responsible for delivery of the Compliance programme supporting the Islamic subsidiary. The role will support all businesses under the Islamic subsidiary to ensure absolute compliance to regulatory and Group policies.
- Manage Compliance expenses for the Islamic subsidiary legal entity and keep within the approved budget for the year.
- Continuously monitor, identify and act on ineffective processes within the Compliance function resulting in excesses/wastage.
- Lead cost impact analysis for all Compliance related initiatives for the Entity to ensure viable return on expenses and Entity spend meets expected outcomes.
- Own, develop and implement Compliance programme for Islamic subsidiary.
- Engage Shariah non-compliance and take lead of remedial actions to be taken by the business.
- Responsible for identifying and managing current and emerging risks.
- Assess new and changes to Regulatory Framework/Policies and Rules, identify key areas impacted and communication to stakeholders.
- Manage implementation of the AML/CFT programme and systems for all banking activities of Islamic subsidiary.
- Monitor adherence and perform periodic review of the KYC programme to ensure efficacy and relevance to target market.
- Ensure adherence to Sanctions Screening programme for Islamic subsidiary.
- Keep abreast of changes in the product offering, service delivery and target market.
You will have
- Degree/Professional qualifications in Banking, Legal or Finance related discipline.
- Certification in AML/CFT or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years’ experience in compliance role in banking industry in senior management role.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in compliance implementation.
- Strong communication & engagement skill with staff, senior management, Board and regulators.
- Strong analytical skill with ability to view and assess issues laterally across department and legal entities.
- Strong report writing skill with ability to summarize mass data into concise, relevant and critical issues for deliberation of senior management & Board.
- Malaysian Citizenship – Banking Sector & Regulatory limitation in Malaysia.
- Returning Malaysians are encouraged to apply.