About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Heading compliance for the Conventional Banking arm of the Banking Group.
- To manage overall implementation of AML/CFT requirements across banking entities. This includes: -
- Improve robustness of methodology for transaction monitoring to detect potential suspicious transactions;
- Raise Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) where required.
- As the single point of contact (SPOC) in managing Orders & request from Enforcement Agencies (BNM, PDRM, MACC) across the group. Also to monitor, report & update Mgmt & Board on such Orders.
- Oversight over subsidiaries compliance with AML/CFT requirements.
- To manage overall implementation of compliance monitoring process across Group. This includes: -
- Onsite compliance review covering BUs and Group Shared Services (e.g. Finance Dept, HR Dept, Risk Mgmt) compliance with regulatory & internal policies, processes & controls.
- Offsite compliance monitoring, incl via staff self-declaration under Compliance Monitoring & Reporting (CMR) system.
- Report and monitor non-compliances arising from onsite and offsite review, and report progress to Mgmt & Board.
- Oversight over subsidiaries process and compliance issues.
- To undertake specific compliance related project from time to time as required.
You will have:
- At least 15 years’ experience in compliance role in banking industry in senior management role.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in AML/CFT and regulatory compliance implementation and transaction monitoring role.
- Relevant AML/CFT certification from AICB or other equivalent organization.
- Strong communication & engagement skill with staff, senior management, Board and regulators.
- Strong analytical skill with ability to view and assess issues laterally across dept and legal entities.
- Strong report writing skill with ability to summarize mass data into concise, relevant and critical issues for deliberation of senior management & Board.
- Malaysian Citizenship – Banking Sector & Regulatory limitation in Malaysia.
- Returning Malaysians are encouraged to apply.