About our client
As a client in the Facility & Property Management space, this customer has a regional presence and seeks to grow their market share in Malaysia. With a multi-billion dollar revenue stream and operations in over 40 locations across the globe, this is a great opportunity for a dedicated Business Development leader to help the business expand its service operations in Malaysia.
About the role
The role seeks a knowledgeable and experienced professional in the Facility & Property Management arena to develop & acquire customer relationships. Other key aspects of the role include forming market assessments, conducting intelligence for property management contracts or new intakes, networking, negotiation, presenting to various related stakeholders such as for example; authorities or developers. This is a highly visible position that acts as a brand ambassador for the organisation and connects external stakeholders to the organisation and its strategy to create sustained value in the FM & PM arena.
- Study and understand the property space and interconnected parties delivering a business development strategy to the head of the company.
- Understand and map sales cycles for the property management industry.
- Network effectively to market the company’s solutions to key influencers; clients, government bodies, developers and/or users of services.
- Work closely with internal teams to roll out new technology solutions for the management of properties.
- Develop clear standards of performance and ensure services are effectively delivered through.
- Implement appropriate strategies for the acquisition of new business opportunities and contracts.
- Able to track competitive trends in the market, conduct positioning studies and present to the board or head of the business when required.
- Key influencer and aid to the business in contract negotiations and customer development across Malaysia.
You will have
- A bachelor degree in facility management or property management will be reflective of the demands of this position, however, successful candidates may also possess relevant business, engineering, marketing, hospitality or other related fields.
- Should you as the candidate possess a masters in a field such as Building Management or FM, this would be beneficial.
- The right candidate should have appropriate networks in the industry and capabilities to approach the correct stakeholders to develop strong relationships.
- An inquisitive mentality and understanding of the value chain within the FM/PM space.
- Strong planning and market intelligence skills to ensure key projects are targeted, mapped by the business and then converted.
- Excellent persuasive ability to work with internal and external stakeholders in pursuing the BD strategy.