About our client
Our client has a resilient record of providing financial services to customers, being a household name in the region within the Financial Services industry. They are currently recruiting for a Head of balance sheet management to join their team.
About the role
Seeking the right senior talent who is an influencer and capable in providing Group-wide oversight and expertise in view of Capital and Liquidity management, with special focus over funding risk. The head of balance sheet management will look to deliver proactive management of all interest rate risk exposures of the bank, both structural risk arising on non-dated liabilities and risk arising from product origination. The successful candidate will work closely with your team to develop and implement a robust cost agenda, reporting to Group CFO.
Balance Sheet Management covers regulatory policy for investment securities, liquidity risk, and interest rate risk for the bank, as well as the assessment of interest rate risk and liquidity risk for the Group’s banking system as a whole.
- You are to identify market risks in the bank’s balance sheet in view of Risk Management, Funding, FTP and LCP Policy, Regulatory policy assessment and ALM system management.
- You will implement proactive management and hedging of the bank's entire interest rate risk exposures in line with policy and risk appetite. This includes hedging of banking book balance sheet risk and income, Medium Term Funding and Debt Capital and coming up with the Group’s Annual Funding Plan to meet group’s liquidity goals.
- You will be expected to highlight material risks and develop opportunities and strategies to add value and protect earnings taking into account interest rate outlooks.
- You will be required to assist in the management of regulatory, rating agency and investor relations agendas relating to banking book market risk.
- You are required to support and develop the Group’s Liquidity and Funding Framework which includes maintaining diversified and stable funding base, comprising both retail and wholesale customer liabilities.
- You should understand the extent to which the balance sheet position impacts the financial performance of the Bank in various economic and interest rate scenarios.
- You are to work with Treasury Risk to propose and develop risk appetites and associated policies and support communication with key stakeholders; attend ALM committees and Boards as required. This includes changes to balance sheet positioning, Liquid Asset portfolio, funding, liquidity policies , FTP, LCP and procedures to accommodate changing economic conditions and/or strategic agenda.
You will have
- Good knowledge of ALM techniques and practices.
- Good knowledge of market risk and hedging instruments, including interest rate swaps and option products.
- Good knowledge of Liquidity, Funding, and Balance Sheet management – including but limited to; balancing funding sources, risk and COF, hedging term funding, LAB, and balance sheet, setting up macro cash flow hedges to eliminate profit volatility, building up treasury revenues.
- Good understanding of NII, market value, earnings at risk and value at risk.
- Strong modelling skills, and exposure to ALM simulation packages with advanced technical knowledge in Funding, Liquidity and Balance Sheet Risk management – including but not limited to; yield curve construction, optionality risk identification and quantification, liquidity risk modelling, and behavioural analysis.
- Malaysian Nationals will be preferred.