About our Client
The Organisation is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering arrange of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Heading Group Tax Services division overlooking all tax related matters for the Group.
- Ensure annual tax related matters, i.e annual tax estimate, revision on tax estimate, annual tax filing, are submitted within timeline
- Ensure tax compliance within the Group i.e withholding tax, payment to non-residents, service tax matters etc.
- Responsible for tax compliance of overseas branches and cross border tax.
- Identify tax planning opportunity and to be responsible for the implementation of such strategies to achieve the desired results.
- Provide update and/or advise on business opportunities to BOD and Senior Management on latest or anticipated tax developments within the region and domestically.
- Project manage implementation on tax related requirements, changes or new rulings eg GST.
- Active participation in all related associations to represent the Group’s/industry’s position/views on tax matters i.e ABM, IBBM, MIBA, AIBM, PIDM, PIAM.
- Provide proactive tax advisory to SBG & SFG’s.
- Document and formalize all tax related policies & procedures with the Group.
- Provide technical taxation input on provisioning, financial reporting/deferred tax, business related opportunities and transactions, new products.
- Develop and provide guidance to taxation staff Group wide.
You will have
- Minimum of at least 15 years of experience in the financial services industry of which at least 5 years as head of taxation with an in-depth knowledge in tax & accounting related matters.
- A self-starter with strong managerial and leadership capability to initiate and drive the division.
- Ability to provide tax advisory on banking transactions, cross border transactions, capital raising and internally on business related transactions/opportunities both propriety and with customers.
- Possess effective communication (oral and written) and coordination skills.