About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role is to oversee and ensure REGULATORY compliance in respect of Finance Regulatory Reporting submissions to Bank Negara Malaysia and PIDM.
The point of contact between Finance Regulatory Reporting with BNM and PIDM; ensuring proper and effective compliance to Bank Negara Malaysia’s CCRIS (Back End), FISS, StatsMart, Basel and PIDM guidelines (completeness, accuracy and timeliness).
- Prepare project and departmental operational budget and monitor expenditure.
- Ensure penalties are not levied to the Bank for late submission or failure to ensure correctness of compliance reports arising from the department’s failures.
- Represent the Bank as the primary liaison with Bank Negara Malaysia on CCRIS*, FISS, StatsMart, Basel and ITIS data and reporting. (*CCRIS Back end only).
- Represent the Bank as the primary liaison with PIDM on yearly PIDM scoring and submissions.
- Manage effective resource planning, forecasting, and staffing of teams.
- Provide quality data within timeframes to support finance regulatory reporting function.
- Ensure change in process and system to improve data quality for regulatory reporting.
- Track and ensure sustainability of CCRIS DQ errors and provide regular updates to Regulatory Reporting Program. PSC, CEO Forum, Risk Management Committee of Directors and Board.
- Make recommendations to management and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Develop high performance culture as part of the broader aspiration to build the Finance Regulatory Reporting. function. Ensure staff are regularly trained in their respective functions.
- Regularly acquire updated knowledge on new guidelines and reporting requirements.
You will have
- Recognised Degree or Professional Qualification in Accounting/ Finance.
- Member of Professional Accounting Body, is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years accounting/ auditing experience in Finance Leadership role in banking industry with experience in dealing with regulators; minimally at managerial level.
- Good understanding of Regulatory Reporting requirements and compliance.
- Broad knowledge of retail banking products with strong business/commercial focus.
- Good understanding of accounting policy, internal controls and data governance.
- Strong leadership with experience in driving large cross-functional change initiatives within a complex organization.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong communication & engagement skill with staff, senior management, Board and regulators.
- Strong stakeholder and people management skills including regulators.
- Strong analytical, good problem solving ability and decisive decision making ability.
- High level influencing and interpersonal skills with ‘strong presence’ and ability to resolve conflicts and/or neutralize organizational resistance to change.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt strategy and approach based on changing business conditions.
- People manager. Strong team leadership with ability to manage, mentor and develop high performance team.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Information seeking – Detailed and highly analytical; able to see things from different perspectives.
- Returning Malaysians are encouraged to apply.