About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The architect of AML/CFT group-wide policy to strengthen the risk management of AML/CFT of the group and seek to achieve effective compliance as well as operational efficiencies. Also the driver of the development of Policy befitting international standards to operate their business across borders effectively in compliant with regulatory and sanction requirements.
- Stays at the forefront of key regulatory changes enabling proactive risk management of the Group’s business via adequate policy and framework to manage the regulatory changes.
- Adopts standards, best practices, regulatory requirements, guidance and reports developed by the FATF, BNM, Labuan FSA, SC and any other relevant regulatory bodies to define the group’s policy.
- Design and determine AML Policy for the Group which includes CDD measures with risk based approach advocated by FATF and BNM, decide EDD prerequisites for risk management of higher risk customers, establish robust monitoring mechanism to prevent and detect inconsistent profile of customers and sanctioned designated nationals, record-keeping and control systems to strengthen the AML/CFT regime of the Group.
- Continuously maintain the strategic AML and Sanctions Compliance Policy and seek Board’s approval.
- Establish external awareness of research trends, information, and techniques related to the management of AML/CFT compliance risk, communicate and advise on regulatory and sanction matters.
- Advice, monitor and play an active role to support the AML/CFT knowledge through various outreach programs across the group.
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Have a good understanding of the AML and compliance function in financial services industry.
- Have a keen understanding of how current trends in laws and regulations which impact the AML framework and standards.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s AML/compliance strategies.
- Good understanding of banking business and the relevant compliance obligations.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to lead a team to achieve results.
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance background would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.