About our client
Our client is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand and has a presence in more than 15 countries worldwide, serving food, automotive, infrastructure and engineering services.
About the role
The Group Tax Manager position will be responsible for keeping businesses compliant with all tax regulations across all countries in which the group is operating in and to implement tax measures and developing internal policies. The role will look to perform estimation, analysis, planning, and research and oversee all tax related audits. The Tax Manager will be expected to provide expert knowledge and support on all tax matters for the Group.
- Responsible for overall tax planning and tax efficiency for the Group (including analysis and review of the effective tax rate evolution), as well as to drive the Group’s monthly tax accounting process.
- Identify potential tax issues and provide advice on mitigating the associated tax risks arising from the operations of the Group and provide solutions.
- Initiate and drive the improvement of the tax reporting processes and participates in the tax forecasting process.
- Lead Group tax projects and provide practical guidance on tax accounting for business acquisitions, dispositions and other restructuring activities.
- Implement deferred tax calculation for the Group for IFRS accounting compliance.
- Keep abreast with tax laws and developments to prepare the Group with any potential impact to the operation.
- Liaise and coordinate with group accountant regards to tax accounting and reporting matters towards external auditing firms.
- Review all tax submissions to ensure adherence to all tax regulations.
- Stay up to date with tax legislation and related laws in all countries in which the Group has an operation and also work with colleagues in other countries to ensure we keep up-to-date with legislation globally.
- Ensure the company utilizes the most effective tax regulations for cross-border business (e.g. avoiding double taxations where possible).
- Act as a ‘subject-matter-expert’ for colleagues on all tax matters.
- The role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and works very closely to the Regional CFO as well.
- Divisional/Country Managers (handle enquiries when asked).
- Internal stakeholders within Accounting & Finance across the group’s businesses.
- Consultants, auditors in Thailand and overseas
- Government-related departments when required
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Effective tax management in line with key responsibilities to aid cost effectiveness and profitability of the business
- Travel Requirements: Minimal
You will have
- Bachelor / Master degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance, or Law required.
- Excellent knowledge of tax and accounting regulations on an international basis (Strong focus in South East Asia).
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-accounting colleagues, in a simple, easy to understand manner.
- Experience in handling tax treatment of cross-border transactions.
- At least 5 years' experience with 3 years direct experience in taxation area.
- Working experience in Big 4 - Audit & Tax professional firms will be an added advantage.
- Tax Auditor Certificate desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.