About our client
Our client is a global MNC manufacturer with a strong market reach with an entrepreneurial and innovative organization culture.
About the role
Responsible for the execution of assigned components of the Companies internal audit program, which includes support for two lines of business. Provides management and the Audit Committee with objective analyses, observations and recommendations developed in conjunction with the Internal Audit Department's review of the accounting, financial, compliance, contractual and other operational activities.
- Supervises and performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence. Ensures documentation of processes and procedures are in accordance with professional standards.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administer surveys, reviews and prepares working papers and composes formal audit reports.
- Understands the key components of risk within the business and ensures that these areas are reviewed and tested as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management so that Internal Audit is seen as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Effectively communicates with management, co-source partner, external auditor and the various operations. Ensures key findings and risks are communicated in a timely and effective manner.
- Understands and adheres to IIA professional auditing standards, where appropriate.
- Provides quality and value added audit services while maintaining independence and objectivity where experience leading audit teams with a strong focus on execution and team development will be desired.
- Liaises with both the internal audit partner and the external auditor to ensure effective coordination and collaboration.
- Demonstrates and applies strong project management skills, teamwork, and responsibility with internal audit team members, external auditors and audit client.
- Uses current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Familiarity with major business processes including those related to manufacturing.
- Comfort driving change and process improvements together with a passion for continual improvement plus a hands-on experience overseeing full cycle Sarbanes-Oxley projects and implementing requirements under Section 404.
- Willingness to participate in special projects and assignments as necessary
You will have
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business or related field. CPA or Chartered Accountant and / or CIA designation preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a position managing and performing internal audits and/or related functions with Big 4 or similar CPA firm.
- Hands on internal audit experience directing financial and operational audits, and evaluating internal controls.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC, and PCAOB reporting requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- 30 - 45% travel required, including International Travel.
Preferred soft skills
- Strong technical internal audit skills and knowledge of SOX 404
- Ability to interact comfortably with management, build strong relationships with uditees coupled with strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Sound judgment and the highest integrity.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation skills