About our client
Our client is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. As part of its 2020 strategy, rapidly expanding its financial crime compliance services offering to support the industry with this major regulatory challenge.
About the role
You are responsible for the product design for financial software applications. In the early stages of a project you collaborate with the product manager to analyse user/customer needs/wants and use this knowledge in defining useful product features. You then work with a team of UX experts to design usable and efficient application front-ends and GUIs. You facilitate usability tests, internal workshops and review sessions to refine designs and specifications. You collaborate with IT delivery teams to ensure that product designs and specifications are implementable and correctly interpreted.
- User needs analysis including preparing and conducting user interviews, contextual inquiries and user workshops.
- Creating, documenting and maintaining user personas.
- Task and activities analysis. Creating storyboards, user journeys, and flow diagrams.
- Conceptual modelling, information analysis and information architecture and in particular in the context of complex software products.
- Interaction design and UI design for complex software products.
- Building mock-ups and prototypes of GUIs for complex software products. Prototyping with Microsoft Visio, Axure and in HTML. (Experience with Photoshop is a plus.)
- Documenting software front-end specifications.
- User testing - preparation, conducting and results analysis of usability tests.
- Perform product design reviews or heuristic evaluations.
You will have
- Experience in a UX role with proven track record in the domain of software product design.
- Strong business analytical skills: ability to quickly grasp complex business context of a product or service; ability to quickly study and analyse customer requirements and functional specifications.
- Technical understanding & vocabulary – You understand how systems work; you can understand and speak engineers’ language.
- Strong inter-personal skills. You have the ability to establish, coordinate and facilitate relationships with business and IT units. You are able to facilitate UX related discussions with/between project stakeholders and to assertively present and communicate UX activity outcomes.
- You are a fast learner.
- Excellent English, both written and spoken are mandatory pre-requisite.
- Financial software product design experience is a plus.
- General experience in software product management is a plus.
- Experience in Lean/Agile UX is a plus.