About our client
Our client has a resilient health sciences business around Asia Pacific region with a focus on driving innovation to empower people with better healthcare.
About the role
Our client is looking for a key finance business partner to grow their business within their APAC region, with a focus on Financial Planning and Analysis.
- You will be a key finance business partner to Vice President, APAC and Sales Director, APAC as well as the regional management team. Also assist in the in-country planning and forecasting process as needed.
- You will help to develop, manage and coordinate all the input required for the annual Budget and forecasts, working closely with Corporate HQ, regional management and country teams as well as to ensure all deadlines are met in this regard.
- You will be required to prepare or manage the creation of appropriate financial reports, including Budget books. You are to coordinate the quarterly forecast teleconference calls with all relevant parties. Collate information from multiple sources, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service & Support, Sales Operations, and Supply Chain to ensure an up-to-date and informed forecast is produced.
- You are to forecast, monitor, analyze and communicate variance reporting monthly and quarterly to all commercial cost center owners, in adherence to the approved Budget. This include providing appropriate financial presentation material (trend charts, spending crosswalks) for the regional management team.
- You are to assist in the preparation of economic analysis to support new operating decisions and investment opportunities and ensure that the appropriate financial and business risks have been identified and evaluated.
- You are to coordinate with Corporate HQ on improvements in the planning and forecast process, including rolling out new reports and requirements, together with the company’s quarterly forecast teleconference calls with all relevant parties. Collate information from multiple sources, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service & Support, Sales Operations, and Supply Chain to ensure an up-to-date and informed forecast is produced.
- You must be able to extract and utilize information from base systems including JD Edwards (ERP system), Cognos (accounting system) and salesforce.com.
- You will have to liaise closely with the Singapore Shared Service Center on any accounting issues related to the financial close and analysis of actuals along with Singapore Cost Accounting team to appreciate the drivers of the company’s product and manufacturing operation costs.
- It will be good if you can work on improving planning and forecasting work-flow and processes, monitor and work with Sales team on the management of distributor / dealer relationships and undertake other ad-hoc projects (as needed) to completion.
You will have
- You should have a University Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field (MBA and/or CPA or equivalent an advantage).
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant accounting and financial experience in Asia Pacific in a multinational environment.
- Numerate and possesses analytical, problem solving, planning and decision making skills, including understanding numeric and statistical relationships.
- Excellent technical skills, with strong computer aptitude and advanced Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using JD Edwards and Cognos is an advantage.
- Be committed to recurring reporting requirements and the flexibility to react to unexpected demands and special assignments, as well as shifting priorities under tight time frames.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting principles, such as budgeting processes, forecasting, revenue recognition, financial modeling, etc. Good understanding of GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards and their application.
- An energetic self-starter with excellent inter-personal skills who can communicate across all levels in the organization.
- Prior biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience desired, but not essential.