About our client
Our client is a US-listed, global digital media MNC providing innovative solutions to the market.
About the role
This finance position will in essence, function as a country lead to oversee Tokyo’s financial affairs and to work to align with best practices internationally. The successful person will weigh every finance decision, no matter how big or small, to determine how it will affect the business, in order to ensure the continued growth of the Group’s capabilities and talent and hence, become a key piece of the Group’s operations and progression.
- Assist with month-end P&L budgets with Actuals, and maintaining the overall P&L budget for Tokyo office.
- Working closely with Business teams to understand key business drivers/changes to provide accurate revenue forecasting.
- Project Management - first pass review of Statement of Work (SOW), ensuring that it is compliant with the Group’s internal guidelines.
- Assist with providing data and information to facilitate month end Management Information reports to Regional and Global teams.
- Work closely with Japan Finance Shared Service (back office) and fully understand their process on the following activities:
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable coordination – ensuring that all required documentation is in place for input (both external and Intercompany).
- Oversee the monthly invoicing process and resolve any client billing issues. Assist to follow up on outstanding receivables.
- Month-end GL process – responsible for preparing journal entries and documentation necessary for back office to post them.
- Assist in ensuring that role mapping in internal customized software is appropriate.
- New Client/Vendor set up process.
- To assist in preparation of any applicable internal and external audit process.
- General assistance to local MD in new office set-up.
You will have
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Fluency in English and Japanese.
- At least, five years of related experience, preferably within the media industry.
- Experienced with Vantage/SAP, or knowledge of integrated financial systems
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is incredibly organized and pays extra attention to the details as well as self-motivated and loves a good challenge.
- Enjoys working with people across multiple departments and countries, including front-line business leads.
- Expert-level user of Microsoft Excel.