About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Through strong audits and AML/CFT working knowledge and skill set, the role manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. The role requires the use of skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable the Group to deliver sustainable growth.
- Operates in a rapidly changing and complex regulatory and business environment;
- To understand the activities of local entity and the Group companies and the technical and commercial implications, in order to assess the level of compliance with internal and external regulations and also to form judgments on materiality and significance and advice competently on significant regulatory issues identified via reviews;
- To have a thorough understanding of the objectives of all relevant internal and external regulations, to keep updated on regulatory and other requirements, and to balance the requirements with the business demands in the midst of an increasingly competitive industry;
- Given the diverse and multiple business and product areas and the continuously evolving delivery channels and regulatory environment, the jobholder needs to have the thinking and organizational abilities to absorb and process varied and complex information and to proactively anticipate and identify new issues which may arise, so as to advise Senior Management in a timely and relevant fashion with appropriate and workable recommendations;
- The jobholder is given considerable autonomy and must be able to work independently. The jobholder must therefore have sound thinking and analytical capabilities, an ability to develop practical, effective and innovative solutions and implement them quickly, and must be decisive in discharging their accountabilities based on sound reasoning, possibly in the face of opposition or conflict;
- The jobholder must maintain sufficient independence and be of sufficient seniority and authority to be able to perform the duties objectively and without hindrance. An objective approach is also essential, so as to exercise judgment, express opinions and present recommendations with impartiality.
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder
- At least 5 years experience within a Compliance function in a large/international regulated financial services provider in addition to other working experience
- At least 5 years experience within an Audit/Internal Control function
- Have a good understanding of the AML and compliance function in financial services industry.
- Have a keen understanding of how current trends in laws and regulations which impact the AML framework and standards.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s AML/compliance strategies.
- Good understanding of banking business and the relevant compliance obligations
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Able to lead a team to achieve results
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance background would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment