About our Client
Our client is the major player in a retail business and with the mission to expand the business on regional level. You will lead cross-functional teams to optimize planning processes, management reporting and to ensure analysis is timely, meaningful and drives business improvements. You also will provide advice and guidance to management to make sound business decision and meet the company’s objectives.
About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow to be a Finance Director in 3-5 years? Do you have the capacity to manage a big team of 90 staff with 6 direct reports and have hands on experience in accounting & finance functions? If your answer is positive, we would like to talk with you!
- All aspects of the finance, tax and treasury functions within the Group in Malaysia.
- Support Management and Finance Director in achieving excellent business results through good business.
- Drive improvement in the financial policies, procedures, reporting and internal control system through sound knowledge in processes and information technology to support business growth.
- Responsible for the overall financial function including financial reporting, management reporting, inventory & retail management, assets management, tax planning and treasury control.
- Develop & maintain good professional relationship with auditors, tax agent, bankers and related business associates.
You will have
- Professional qualification in Accountancy
- At least 10 years of experience with experience in an international accounting firm. Preferably within a retail environment
- Good business acumen, self-driven individual and hands on person
- Bilingual in Chinese and English
- Sound knowledge of ERP system and exposure in a large finance set up is a MUST
- Knowledge in SAP system
- Competent in Advanced Excel functions, highly numerate, especially in PIVOT Table & VLook-Up
- Highly motivated individual, sound judgement with the ability to analyze and resolved daily operational issues
- Possess strong finance technical skills and cost consciousness
- Multi-tasking, flexible and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage, motivate, guide and lead a team of accounts personnel.