About our client
Our Client is a creative network, with a global presence that works with some of the world’s biggest businesses.
About the role
The key role is to protect, build and advocate the core values and culture of the company as an agency that drives our clients’ business forward. To profitably grow client relationships and agency capabilities and look to attract and motivate the most talented people in the industry.
The Digital Director also has to show accountability for the results, actions and development of those under the Board’s care.
This individual should know you can’t build, inspire and motivate market-changing talent by just looking after number one. Selfless collaboration and tireless sharing of information, clients and skills with other group companies is all for the greater good. And the aim is to construct and maintain a ‘learning organisation’. In this way the Digital Director will unlock the potential and commercial success of everything the agency sets its sights on.
- The Digital Director will also be focused on carefully building agency value in line with group plans. Effective planning, preparation and delivery of monthly (or at the very least quarterly) board meetings will all help see to that.
- By developing, managing and motivating senior members of the agency, the Digital Director will help drive growth, the company’s culture, and people development.
- Be a magnet for talent and apply their skills in line with the strategy of the agency.
- Inspire exceptional standards of entrepreneurial thought and creativity throughout all areas of the business.
- Demonstrate a flexible leadership style and ability to embrace and facilitate change.
- Raise standards by determining and reviewing team goals.
- With a clear articulation of our vision and values, be an ambassador for the agency when talking to colleagues, clients, media and press.
- Make what’s inside count. In other words, be responsible for building trust, pride and motivation throughout the company.
- Try something new. Develop the performance of our people and product in innovative ways.
- Ensure the team’s structure and capability are good enough to deliver.
- Help the company achieve its vision. Guide and set the pace for both current operations and future development.
- Demonstrate a commitment to building a learning organisation by exhibiting best practice in personal and team performance.
- Build positive and productive relationships with key clients and key agency personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the Finance Director to bring success, profit and sustainability from team finances. Deliver growth in income and profit every year to ensure ongoing returns.
- Open client relationships – with our existing client base – that may include client marketing teams, but should go beyond those teams into Sales, Product, Training, Technology
- Delegate effectively. Share responsibility throughout the team. And encourage and support delegation in senior members of the team.
- Think long term. Monitor and evaluate the way policies, strategies and business plans are implemented.
- Aim far. It’s through your management of resources, people, time and service the agency can meet and exceed its performance targets.
- Balance our needs with the client’s. Lead fee negotiations to deliver mutual satisfaction. And know how to manage the cost of creative fees whilst maximising value to each client.
- Develop indicators to ensure internal financial controls are effective.
- Demonstrate genuine expertise in your areas of responsibility.
- Creativity, diversity, innovation and business results delight everyone involved. Build a strong reputation in these areas, especially with clients.
- Understand how to coach and deliver it in all areas of the business. Look to the past, present and future for opportunities.
- Look for opportunities everywhere. Pursue those that will develop the business. And select the means to implement and support them.