About the client
The Client is one of the leading Takaful Operators in Malaysia, having successfully set a benchmark for peers and competitors in the market. They provide comprehensive Takaful facilities and services to customers. They are driven by clear understanding of market needs are looking for striving individuals with desire to build successful careers to join their organization.
About the role
This position involves assisting with the management of compliance framework to prevent any non-compliance and mitigate risks, by raising compliance awareness internally within staff. The role also will assist in ensuring that all requirements and processes within the business are and in line with the applicable internal and external compliance guidelines and policies. The individual will require an analytical mindset, with the ability to evaluate the potential impact and risk to business in the compliance and implement the appropriate action to mitigate regulatory risk.
- To provide support to the Manager, Compliance
- Ensuring measures and approach is taken to identify any risk of regulatory compliance change and potential impacts on business.
- Ensuring appropriateness/robustness/effectiveness of existing model to assess regulatory developments and addressing, managing and mitigating impacts of regulatory change.
- Supporting implementation of standards, strategic policies, projects in relation to mitigate risks
- Ensuring risk is managed and mitigated appropriately with relevant focus on business and in a practical manner.
- Supporting effective deployment of Regulatory Compliance Assurance function by providing relevant input where necessary.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders to provide expertise and support on regulatory compliance matters.
- Assisting with liaison with regulators and local industry bodies on regulatory compliance matters.
- Assisting in ensuring the relevant risk information is delivered to local management and relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Assisting in ensuring enhancement of compliance awareness amongst the staff, stakeholders and business.
- Share best practices with stakeholders, group offices, other business lone and other regions.
- To resolve identified issues in a prompt and timely manner.
- To escalate concerns and to ensure management to ensure timely awareness of any concerns.
- Assisting to maintain and observe organization’s control standards and implement and observe the business’ internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Assisting management in their responsibility for complying with relevant laws and regulations pertaining advisory and signing off new products and initiatives and reviewing relevant marketing materials.
- To carry out Compliance Assessment of business on a regular basis.
- Undertake compliance monitoring reviews to assess regulatory rules and internal standards.
- Assisting with control framework to protect organization against anti-money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Assisting with compliance training to employees of organization, businesses and functions.
- Contribute to good corporate governance and containment of regulatory risks of organization by ensuring organization’s compliance with Companies Act and relevant legislation.
You will have
- Degree in Law/Compliance/Audit.
- Minimum 3 years of financial services work experience in Compliance and/or legal functions.
- Preferably law graduates with experience in handling banking/financial services regulations.
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance/legal/audit background would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.