About the role
Our client is a well known MNC! This position is looking for someone who is highly experienced in credit control and accounts receivable and/or experienced professional accountant with high level controlling experience. You will oversee the implementation of credit policy, processes and internal controls. Provide direction on the criteria for determining customers' creditworthiness. Strategize approaches to ensure consistent recovery of debts.
- Manage departmental operating budgets and costs according to annual allocation to ensure efficient usage of resources.
- Oversee the implementation of credit policy, processes and internal controls to ensure governance over the Credit Control function.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of accounts receivable and credit policies, processes and internal controls to ensure governance over the Accounts Receivable function.
- Provide direction on the application of the various credit limits and the criteria for determining customers' creditworthiness.
- Institute general controls in monitoring existing customers' continual business viability in order to mitigate credit risks.
- Review key outstanding debtors/intercompany balances and strategize approaches to ensure consistent recovery of debts.
- Oversee the efficient storage of customer information through effective use of automated systems and processes. Review the reporting of debtors/intercompany balances and collections information.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to streamline existing credit control and accounts receivable processes and improve efficiencies through a better utilization of automated systems.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in the critical assessment of creditworthiness and the viability of continuing trade relations with selected customers.
- Maintain relationships with key customers to foster long-term cooperation in garnering timely payments from them.
- Set direction and cascade team/function goals to ensure goals are well-defined and clearly communicated.
- Drive and manage learning and development of team in the area of Credit Control/Accounts receivable to achieve team/function goals.
- Drive self-learning and improvement in the area of Credit Control/Collections and as part of continuous learning.
You will have
- 12- 15 years of working experience in similar role with minimum 8 years of managerial experience.
- Degree or professional qualification in Accounting/Finance or a related discipline. Preference for CPA/ACCA/etc. and/or MBA.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the industry - Either highly experienced in credit control and accounts receivable and/or experienced professional accountant with high level controlling experience.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and application of local/international accounting standards, principles and practices; credit control experience is preferred.
- Proven hands-on experience in SAP accounting applications is an advantage.
- Must be resilient and firm when necessary.
- Technologically savvy and competent with new platform and changes.
- Excellent with processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate advanced research and analytical skills.
- Excellent proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate fluency in English (both written and spoken).