About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The Country Head of Credit Control Services (CCS) is responsible for leading Collections and Underwriting operations in country, functionally reporting to the Regional Head of CCS and with entity reporting to Country Retail Banking & Wealth Management (RBWM) Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- To provide the customers a more seamless end-to-end experience in all their interactions with the business.
- To provide the business direct accountability for operations that support key revenue generation and loss mitigation activities.
- To operate as a Risk Control function within the First Line of Defence.
- To operate as a global functional utility to provide an internal check and balance against the country sales functions.
- To engage with the Country and Regional Risk Owners and Risk Stewards through formalised governance as well as operate as a Control Owner within the new structure.
- To continue to provide Global Risk with a Credit and Operational Risk life cycle view of the customer journey.
- To ensure sustainable long term profitability of the business by ensuring that key Credit policies are implemented during Account Origination and Customer Lifecycle Management.
- A significant P&L impact - from mitigating Credit losses, and managing the FTE base effectively and third party relationships.
- Significant direct customer impact and requires that the Bank’s Conduct agenda, including all principles of Treating Customers Fairly, are institutionalised.
- Ensure credit originations are in line with credit policy, while meeting customer turnaround time expectations.
- Ensure credit decisions during the customer life cycle in Overdraft Management or Credit Card Line Management are managed in line with Credit Policy.
- Ensure Credit Delinquency is managed through Collections in line with Collections Strategy and Policy.
- Ensure Credit Bureau relationships are managed to the Vendor Risk management principles and data is utilized effectively.
- Ensure Operational Risk is properly managed across all sub functions.
- Ensure strategic capacity plans are aligned with market and portfolio expectations, and Capacity is adequate to deliver daily production expectations.
- Assist to set the operational strategy and standards for RBWM Credit Control Services at the Country level, informed by the Group Regional strategy and an understanding of the business globally and external market landscape.
- Set annual operating plans for expense management, credit and operational loss management.
- Ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operations through a strong global functional operating model.
- Assist to define future business capabilities required to deliver to the Credit Control Services strategy and drive RBWM towards its desired operating model, ensuring the model is maintained and updated as required.
- Drive the transformation of the Credit Control Services organisation at the Country level through the execution of RBWM strategy.
- Engage with stakeholders across RBWM, Global Functions and COO Community at a Country level to translate RBWM strategy and Global Standards into effective execution strategy and implementation plans, identifying potential cross-group and local impacts.
- Ensure streamlining and cost to achieve (CTA) objectives are met at the Country level.
- Ensure effective governance structures are in place to enable oversight, control and monitoring of strategy execution and implementation plans (change governance).
- Lead and direct specified complex projects.
- Ensure relevant and effective business governance structures and processes are in place at the Country Level for RBWM Credit Control Services.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to drive cost reduction, resulting in sustainable saves and achievement of cost targets.
You will have
- Minimum of 13-15 years proven experience in collections and underwriting i.e. experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of leading a complex global business unit with accountability for a P&L.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs.
- Practical experience of major business transformation with global project management experience.
- Ideally to have both front and back office experience within collections and underwriting environment.
- Interpersonal skills to work with the Markets team for effective role out of projects and policies.
- Financial and accounting acumen.
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively.
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment.
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitor and market.
- Excellent team player with a proactive and self-motivated attitude and ability to think and act independently. Extensive stakeholder management, and potentially to act as a check and balance against the shorter term profit objectives of the Bank that may compromise the longer term sustainability.
- Strong interface with Risk (in addition to within RBWM) - both from an understanding of Policy to ensure execution, and to provide structured feedback to Risk policies.