About our client
Our Client is a trading and shipping company with an asset base of several hundred million USD.
About the role
The Corporate Accounting Manager will form a key part of the financial and accounting team. They will be responsible for Group Consolidation, Budgeting and monthly reporting. They will also play a key part in development, from an accounting point of view, of output reports and interactions with a new ERP (as yet to be selected).
- Manage the timing of monthly reporting as well as conducting sanity checks;
- Preparation of Consolidated P&L pack and Consolidated Balance Sheet;
- Prepare and manage the Budget/Reforecast process;
- Undertake financial analysis on ad hoc issues with limited supervision;
- Identify unusual variances in monthly reporting, determine if they can be resolved or require escalation;
- Lead relationship with Group auditors to ensure accounting requirements are met;
- Actively seek out and improve tired/inefficient processes;
- Continue to develop business divisions accounting processes so that reported results remain timely and accurate;
- Be an ‘expert’ in reports originating from accounting systems;
- Ensure that the Group Controller is always aware of issues that might affect the timing of the accounts preparation as well as control issues identified.
You will have
- ACCA or equivalent;
- At least 8 years post-qualification experience;
- Must have MNC background and an international outlook;
- Experience working in Asia or globally would be an advantage;
- Experienced with management and statutory accounts preparation;
- Significant experience with accounting systems;
- Some exposure to accounting and/or business system implementation projects would be desirable.
- Outgoing, confident communicator - must have the ability to manage relationships with local accounting staff and staff in other territories;
- Confident to make ‘elevator pitch’ when explaining issues to Chief Executive/CFO;
- Good team leader and manager, getting the best out of the team and ensuring deadlines are constantly met by the team;
- Numerically literate, but commercially aware. Willing disbelief and an ability to look behind the numbers is a must;
- Adaptability to change. Changes will come quickly as the Group grows, this individual must be able to predict and adapt to those changes;
- Strong IT ability with Excel;
- Self-starter, able to manage their own tasks and work commitments;
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken;
- A good sense of humour will be a great advantage.