About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Work in partnership with the Head of Global Markets to set the strategy and Global Standards for Global Markets, informed by the Group and GBM strategy and an understanding of the business globally (one-bank) and external market landscape.
- Define future business capabilities required to deliver to the strategy and drive Global Markets towards its desired operating model, ensuring the model is maintained and updated as required.
- Drive the transformation of Global Markets through the execution of Global Banking & Markets, and Global Markets strategy and Global Standards.
- Drive a focus on creating sustainable change, with a one-bank mindset.
- Engage various stakeholders required to mobilise the execution strategy and implementation plans.
- Ensure effective governance structures are in place to enable oversight, control and monitoring of strategy execution and implementation plans (change governance).
- Drive Operational Risk Management for Global Markets.
- Ensure effective governance structures and processes are in place across Global Markets (business governance).
- Define the Regional risk and control standards for Global Markets, including but not limited to the management of Financial Crime Risks, Regulatory Risk, Operational Risk and Information Security Risk.
- Oversee the Business Risk Control Monitoring role with the region, including the remediation of key controls and conduct issues identified through previous reviews in the country and globally.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to drive cost reduction, resulting in sustainable saves and achievement of cost targets.
You will have
- Minimum of 13-18 years proven relevant business, Global Markets products i.e. experience or equivalent. Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of leading a complex global business unit with accountability for a P&L.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs.
- Practical experience of major business transformation with global project management experience.
- Ideally to have both front and back office experience within a Global Banking & Markets environment.
- Interpersonal skills to work with the Markets team for effective role out of projects and policies.
- Financial and accounting acumen.
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively.
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment.
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitor and market.
- Excellent team player with a proactive and self-motivated attitude and ability to think and act independently.