About our client
Our client is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. As part of its 2020 strategy, rapidly expanding its financial crime compliance services offering to support the industry with this major regulatory challenge.
About the role
The Configuration Management (CM) team is looking for a CM Specialist to support the group of developers. As a CM Specialist, you will be part of a team where your skills will be fully used and expanded. Under the guidance of a mentor, you will undertake activities of medium complexity related to our Development and Build environment; you will also participate in productivity enhancement projects; mostly oriented on automation and standardization of best practices.
- Perform CM day-to-day activities, including builds, ClearCase support and tool development
- Support the developer community regarding build and configuration management questions.
- Propose and create procedures that help to standardize ClearCase usage, build and release creation
- May coordinate analysis and implementation of solutions to problems of medium complexity
- Participate in and contribute to CM process improvement efforts
- Participate in the implementation of CM automation tools
You will have
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a System administrator or a CM Specialist.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. English is essential.
- Time management, planning and organizing
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Ability to work independently but also in a team
- In-depth understanding of the Software Configuration Management concepts
- Very good knowledge of ClearCase administration on UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Good knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX/Linux and Windows)
- Good knowledge of build management concepts (make, Ant, Maven)
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins (Hudson), SonarQube, Sonatype Nexus Pro, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of one programming language (Java or C/C++)
- Knowledge of RDBMS fundamentals is an asset
- Knowledge of Windows development is an asset
- Knowledge of HTML, CGI, SQL is an asset
- Knowledge of Agile development principles is an asset