About our client
Our client offers a wide range of personal and commercial insurance products including property, liability, motor, home, personal accident, medical & property.
About the role
This role is to lead strategic initiatives and provide consulting support across the team to drive progress & lead strategic analyses to inform strategic roadmaps, operational decisions, and claims operational insights, effective collaborative with the actuarial team on financial analysis.
- Present findings/project outcomes to Claims leadership on a regular basis and in a fashion that translates complex work into an easy to digest story with appropriate level of detail.
- Be a driving force behind our efforts to transform and optimize our Claims operations and benchmark/improve our loss costs vs. the industry.
- Conduct complex analyses to establish an understanding on the current state, identify growth opportunities, and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to collaborating across functions and teams.
- Define new or non-traditional metrics to drive enhanced value for our Claims organization.
- Develop the reporting mechanisms necessary to effectively monitor the business.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to estimate and quantify the impacts of key initiatives.
Perform or coordinate special projects as needed
- Lead claims quality assurance audit to ensure compliance with established standards and best practices through files sampling.
- Ensure claims are dealt within prescribed authority and according to internal handling procedures including settlement of claims are in accordance to terms of the insurance contract.
- Review of claims settlements through Closed Files Review to identify opportunities and quantify the gaps of findings to drive the claims controls (over costs, expense, leakages and processes) and recommend process improvements as well as training needs for implementation.
- Identify and analyses project opportunities targeting enhancement of quality, technical standards, capabilities, efficiency and productivity and claims costs management.
- Monitoring, evaluation and management of project performance.
- Perform monitoring, evaluation and managing vendors’ performance.
You will have
- Bachelor’s Degree – Economics, Mathematic, Statistic, Actuarial or other quantitative concentration preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinking, planning, problem solving and communication skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Claims handling (preferably spectrum of claims), consulting, analytical and/or project management roles.
- Ability to apply advanced analytical concepts to improve business outcomes, including drawing conclusions and making decision from imperfect and disparate datasets.
- Preferably someone in General Insurance Industry.