About our client
The Client is government owned development financial institution through a wholly owned subsidiary of the Minister of Finance Incorporated. The Bank was established to promote reverse investment and export of strategic sectors such as capital goods, infrastructure projects, shipping, value added manufactured products and to facilitate the entry of Malaysian companies to new markets, particularly to the non-traditional markets.
About the role
The Chief Credit Officer is responsible for the review of the organization’s loan portfolio on a continuing basis in order to prevent or ameliorate loan losses; assure documentation is in compliance with loan committee approvals, state and/or federal regulations; assist in detection of deterioration in loan quality; and review and ensure internal compliance objectives are met.
- To manage and oversees a full spectrum of credit and asset management functions in credit administration, credit compliance, insurance underwriting, project monitoring and special asset management.
- An excellent communicator and creative thinker who uses both data and intuition to effectively present information.
- Strong experience and enthusiasm driving projects and development according to board’s direction.
- To liaise with external parties such as auditor, Bank Negara, bankers, authorities for the corporate matters involving with the Bank.
- Prepare and present periodic board reports.
- To supervise and monitor subordinate under the division.
- Prepare periodic studies of various portions of the loan portfolio including past due reports, concentrations of credit, etc. for the benefit of supervisory and executive officers.
- Evaluate and recommend policy changes based on compliance or loan reviews and the dissemination of other pertinent facts.
You will have
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree or Master's Degree in Banking, Business or Finance.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English.
- At least 15 year(s) of working experience in the related field and 5 years in Senior Management role.
- Preferably Senior Managers specializing in Banking/Financial Services or equivalent.
- Exposure to managing stakeholders such as Board of Directors, regulatory bodies (Bank Negara Malaysia, MOF and etc.)