About our client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role will be responsible to minimize operational risk in the business and form adequate control in the ‘First Line of Defence’.
- Establish appropriate operational controls based on risk assessments to ensure that the Group’s Operational Risk Management Framework is met and fully adhered to.
- Ensuring the business’ compliance with regulatory and internal policies and guidelines. Including the compliance plans, reporting and monitoring in liaison.
- Ensure sound processes are in place to minimize operational risk in the business and form adequate control in the ‘First Line of Defence’.
- Cultivate BRCM disciplines within the country.
- Implement Risks and Control Framework (R&CF) including control monitoring plans.
- Execution of the Risk Assessment Process: (Risk Control Assessment) RCA scoping, refresh RCA assessments, risk appetite statements.
- Drive best operational practice through BRCM activity, themed reviews, liaison with other functional areas and CMB business management.
- Provide coordination and expertise to business teams to ensure robust BRCM capabilities within CMB.
- Liaising with Operational Risk Management, Compliance, Legal to remain current on Operational Risk, Compliance and Regulatory requirements.
- Deputizing the Head of Business Risk & Control Management.
You will have
- Minimum Degree.
- Minimum 5-8 years in the banking industry with related experience in operations and operational risk and compliance.
- Good understanding of compliance policy, operational risk and controls, preferably gained through experience in front line and risk roles.
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and lateral solutions.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work independently under pressure within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment.
- A sound knowledge of the Groups businesses, including products & services.
- Leadership, management and coaching skills.