About our client
Our client is a leading logistics and storage organization that handles oil and natural gas-related products.
About the role
The role will be for their mergers and acquisitions team sitting within Group Finance and conducting investment evaluation, new project development, financing and treasury management.
Investment Evaluation, Monitoring and Reviews
- Manage the investment proposal approval cycle and ensure adherence to the Management Approval Policy.
- Analyse business investment proposals, from various perspectives including commercial, operational, financial and risk management, and where applicable in close cooperation with corporate departments, to provide an integrated and well-substantiated recommendation for management decision.
- Monitor the progress implementation of approved projects from a risk management perspective to ensure projects are delivered in accordance to approved assumptions and milestones, and to recommend risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Provide support in project post-implementation reviews to identify lessons learned which could be applied on future projects.
New Project Development
- Contribute benchmarking, financial and modelling expertise to business development project teams / mergers and acquisition projects during the project stages and where applicable, serve as the Project Controller within the project team.
- Assist the project team in devising strategies to support project feasibility such as constructing business cases, scenario analyses, detailing finance structures and to perform due diligence
Financing and Treasury Management
- Institute a periodic cash flow forecast reporting cycle with operating companies, work with operating companies to devise an optimal dividend policy and capital structure, recommend the dividend / financing strategy and where applicable, provide support to execute the strategy.
- Contribute to the arranging of (project) finance for joint ventures and new projects, including conducting comparative analyses, financial modelling, preparing investment memorandums and presentations, supporting negotiations and due diligence activities.
You will have
- Financial academic qualifications (CFA qualification preferred).
- A demonstrably progressive career and proven track record of results, with at least 4 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Good planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong results orientation and good report writing skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.