About our client
- My client is a global financial institution and one of the most recognized general insurance practice in Malaysia.
- Over 800 employees in 22 offices across Malaysia.
- Servicing over half a million customers.
- Practise "Think as a customer" during day-to-day interaction with the business to ensure the development of sustainable customer relationships, particularly throughout the requirement definition phase of projects.
- Study and analyse information on alternative courses of action to ensure that all possible solutions have been identified and analysed so as to determine which solution will offer the best outcomes.
- Support the lead analyst throughout the requirement definition phase of projects to ensure the business needs are captured.
- Steer discussions with the customers to ensure that discussions are more meaningful and are an exchange of ideas leading towards more practical and effective solutions through sharing knowledge of market trends and existing One IT solutions.
- Support rationalization of user requirements across countries for regional related projects and sharing of requirements when synergies exist across countries to ensure these synergies are leveraged.
- Facilitate the definition of user requirements with the business, conduct gap analysis, prepare requirement package (e.g. Business Requirement Specification, Process Map, Product Roadmap, Requirement Traceability Matrix, etc.), including liaison with relevant stakeholders on scope control and requirements management to ensure all requirements and necessary details for designing the solution have been capture.
- Define business requirements in a well-structured manner to ensure that they can be effectively communicated, articulated, and clearly understood by stakeholders of both IT and business.
- Advise customers on the alternatives and best solutions that best meets their business needs and own the advice provided so as to ensure that customers are aware of all possible solutions beyond what they are seeking while also guaranteeing customer satisfaction.
Business Proposal Management
- Support the lead analyst to perform analysis on the pros and cons of each solution option to ensure that lead analyst has adequate information to educate the customer on the pros and cons of each solution option.
- Support business change management processes by playing a role in organizing and conducting user training to ensure efficient transition for the business onto the new technology solution implemented.
- Working in collaboration with Application Management and provide inputs to the development of business architecture to ensure that the full value of applications is realized.
You will have
- University graduate, preferably in Business or IT or related disciplines.
- 5 – 10 years proven experience in business requirement gathering & specification, user acceptance testing and user management, of which 3 – 5 years’ solid experience in GI P&C and/or Health insurance industry.
- Proficient technical knowledge in Core GI/ Data & ODS/ & Integration through direct work experience.
- Possess knowledge of insurance product/ business processes in the P&C and/or Health insurance industry (preferred). FLMI destination is an advantage.
- Proven ability to develop a clear understanding of technology needs of business and articulate as IT strategy, architecture and solution requirements.
- A professional Certification in Rational Object Oriented Analysis and Design/ Rational Requirements Management with Use Cases Certification / Rational Unified Process Certification is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Organize, structure and be able to do detailed analysis work and documentation independently and also as a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English communications essential.
- Must be from General Insurance specifically within Non-Motor.
- Experience with claims is preferred.