About the Client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the Role
The role will supervise and/or conduct data-driven analysis and reporting, alongside applying qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods.
- Supervise and/or conduct data-driven analysis and reports.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods.
- Validate data, identify data quality issues (if any) and work with technology to address them.
- Apply rigorous statistical methods to organize, analyze, and interpret data and reports; ensure appropriate methodology is selected to draw conclusions and make recommendations answering specific business needs.
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Provide written explanations of approach and analysis in plain language that supports the conclusions and observations.
- Drive quality, reliability and usability of all work products.
- Evaluate and refine the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency and accuracy.
- Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data.
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Question and validate assumptions and status quo.
- Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in terms of methodology and processes.
- Think outside the box and look for new methods to constantly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the AML Detection, Monitoring and Operations systems and processes.
- Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary.
- Maintain an industry leading knowledge of the tools, systems and processes available for best in class AML Detection and Monitoring Operations.
- Coach and supervise juniors, give directions, ensure the quality of analysis and work done and raise the standard of juniors to the next level of excellence and maturity.
You will have
- Strong statistical/data analytical skills, including data quality validation, descriptive statistics and predictive modeling experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with statistical/data analysis experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in large, complex environments.
- Knowledge of any programming language (preferably SQL and/or 4GL).
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- Required experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and Data Marts/Data Warehouses.
- Mantas, AML monitoring systems and Spotfire experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering is a plus.
- Previous experience with financial services companies is preferred (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, and private banking) is an added advantage.