About our client
The Client is an exchange holding company offering the complete range of exchange-related services including trading, clearing, settlement and depository services.
About the role
The role will assist to develop policies, measures and initiatives which will help raise corporate governance standards. The role will also assist to coordinate for in-house corporate governance initiatives.
- Assist in the development of policies, measures and initiatives for enhancing corporate governance standards - policies: internal operational policies and procedures; - initiatives: education and awareness programmes, engaging with regulatory bodies, institutions, and professional bodies; public relations initiatives - media messages which will be jointly undertaken with Corporate Communications.
- Assisting in the implementation of policies, measures and initiatives developed.
- Assisting to monitor effectiveness and relevancy of policies, measures and initiatives undertaken.
- Assisting in analyzing the results and making appropriate recommendations to the Head of Corporate Governance.
- Assisting in advising internal parties on actions leading to improving Corporate Governance standards.
You will have
- Minimum Degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance/Law or related discipline.
- Minimum 7-8 years in corporate finance, corporate legal, auditing, forensic accounting in the banking/securities and futures/investment banking/capital markets industry with related experience in corporate sustainability.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Companies’ Act, Capital Markets and Securities Act and other relevant rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (Malaysian & International) including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- A sound knowledge of the Groups businesses, including products & services.