About our client
Our Client is a leading private equity firm that invests in financial services and technology sectors across Asia.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the General Partners in all aspects of their work with the existing and future partners of the Fund (entrepreneurs, investors, co-investors and exit partners) as well as in our search for new ventures.
• Lead market research and analysis on sectors of digital asset economy of interest to the Fund, including the study of relevant markets and industries globally. Collect and interpret relevant data in South/Southeast Asia and Europe and investigate specific business cases.
• Interact with practitioners across the digital asset value chain and at all seniority levels and cultivate your own network of sources of information and insight.
• Develop investment strategies, themes and cases and oversee their execution. Educate the investment team on your areas of expertise.
• Source and screen new investment opportunities, to build a robust dealflow pipeline. Turn incoming requests for interaction into strong relationships, valuable insights, and tangible investment opportunities.
• Form a comprehensive opinion on any target company strategy, team, competitive environment, and functional excellence (product, marketing, technology). Present structured and comprehensive investment memoranda for review by the Fund Investment Committee. Develop supporting financial models relating to new investment, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events.
• Lead deal structuring, negotiation and deal execution.
• Develop relationships of trust and mutual respect with the entrepreneurs that run the Fund’s portfolio companies, and build productive working relationships with C-level executives at portfolio companies and key contractors and external partners.
• Using external and internal resources, execute multi-faceted projects aimed at delivering value for portfolio companies and which advance the Fund’s investment strategy.
• Develop productive partnerships between portfolio companies and various providers of financial services. In particular, manage the agenda of the fund’s ‘Growth Committee’ whose purpose is to accelerate business development opportunities between the fund’s portfolio companies and the assets of selected strategic Limited Partners.
• Participate in management and presentation of data derived from the market and portfolio companies, with multiple groups of stakeholders (portfolio companies, Limited Partners, co-investors, etc) as your customers.
• Develop and maintain pipelines that support portfolio company needs for recruitment, business development, fundraising and divestment.
• Provide two or more specialties in relevant functional areas such as product development; performance marketing; PR; recruitment; fundraising and exit support; governance; financial control; be prepared to develop more on the job.
• Maintain key systems, databases and processes that ensure efficient operation of the Fund. Develop policies and procedures that improve performance.
• Handle and develop relationships with key corporate entities and co-investors across multiple projects, portfolio and investment opportunities.
• Work with the General Partners in areas such as advisor management; marketing and publicity; Limited Partner reporting; Limited Partner and co-investor support.
You will have
• 8 years of work experience. This should include operational experience in a high growth internet company. Prior entrepreneurial experience and/or existing relationships in the Digital Asset/Blockchain startup sector in South/Southeast Asia and Europe is a plus
• Demonstrates knowledge in Digital Asset/Blockchain industry landscape and strong understanding of blockchain technology, combined with a high level of familiarity with venture capital dynamics in emerging markets. Experience in blockchain programming languages, e.g. Solidity, is a plus
• Passion for digital asset industry and shares the vision of using blockchain technology to improve and further democratize the financial services industry (For example, tokenization of assets, etc.)
• Active involvement in the Digital Asset/Blockchain community is a plus
• Strength of personality and personal experience sufficient to interact with senior practitioners across multiple industries and speak publicly on occasion, combined with personal humility and ability to empathise with the entrepreneurs.
• Inquisitive personality and sharp analytical mind; obsession with sourcing, organising and interpreting data, asking the right questions and offering / refuting hypotheses.
• Ability to present complex concepts and recommendations via professional presentations; readable and flexible financial models, clear writing and succinct verbal presentation for internal and external audiences.