About our client
Well-known around the world as one of the largest educational institution and continuous with plan in M&A.
About the role
Being a finance organization of the group, the regional control group will be responsible for developing, maintaining and ensuring accounting principles, practices and procedures are implemented at all subsidiaries in order to ensure the production of accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including consolidation, financial reporting, financial statement preparation and support in the year-end external audit. The prospective candidate requires strong accounting technical skills, knowledge of USGAAP, strong PC skills and effective interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for the region.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information from the subsidiaries.
- Prepares quarterly and year-end financial reporting statements including notes and disclosure tables.
- Reviews financial reports from the subsidiaries to ensure accurateness and correct application of corporate policies.
- Advises staff at the subsidiaries regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Regional Controller, Regional CFO, Corporate Accounting and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results.
- Participate in ad hoc projects.
- Travel is estimated to be approximately 30%
You will have
- BA/BS in Business or Accounting with an emphasis in Accounting, CA required, US CPA highly valued.
- Minimum 4~5 years prior experience, preferably at a big four professional services firm.
- Strong USGAAP knowledge and experience required.
- Must be highly PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Able to speak Mandarin is highly valued.