About our client
Our client is a corporate company with a desire to transform digitally (Fintech enterprise)
About the role
The role of the Assistant Director, Compliance will be to develop a comprehensive compliance framework for the entity which includes incorporating correct policies and strategic governance framework as well as to set up their compliance agenda and audit processes. The candidate will also audit our partners, our data frameworks and PDPA adherence and guidelines.
- Analyse the business activities on a regular basis in order to design and implement a strong compliance framework to assess Compliance risks.
- Provide Board and Management assurance by continuously testing adherence to Compliance policies and rules.
- Prepare regular reports to Audit & Risk Committee and Management on the performance of Compliance activities as well as on detected Compliance breaches and shortcomings.
- Develop risk and compliance self-assessment checklist for each team; undertake regular self-assessments on the effectiveness of controls, build and deliver ratings against this.
- Ensure that potential control gaps, failures or breaches escalated in accordance with issued guidelines.
- A key member of the Management Risk Committee to build capability to actively manage risks.
- Lead new business activities process and projects from a compliance perspective.
- Performing compliance training and providing guidance across the region.
- Lead in preparation of timely accurate and quality reports and related risk and compliance papers for quarterly Board and Audit & Risk Committee meetings, including the key risk register and internal controls.
You will have
- A recognised degree in Finance or equivalent.
- A minimum 10+ years’ prior experience in an audit or compliance role is required.
- Experience working in a retail banking environment is an advantage.
- Extensive experience in delivering Compliance monitoring reviews.
- Experienced with contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Proven senior management engagement experience, including the ability to influence and drive change.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of data and privacy protection.
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.