About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Through strong legal and compliance working knowledge and skill set within the banking & financial services industry, the role manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. The role requires the use of skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable the Group to deliver sustainable growth.
- Assist Senior Manager in policies development, enhancement and update at local level/ business line.
- Provide assistance that leads to the completion of the global Anti- Bribery & Corruption framework and projects.
- Assist in the review of local/business line policies and procedures design.
- Assist to design appropriate education systems to ensure knowledge and education is appropriately promulgated locally.
- Assist with the review of local training design, conduct trainings and a gap analysis of current and proposed provisions.
- Liaise with other areas of the business and compliance to ensure full engagement of stakeholders.
- Support Management Information and FCC Dashboard reporting requirements as needed.
- Escalation of Anti- Bribery & Corruption risk issues to Senior Management, FCC Steering Committee, Risk Management Committee and Regional AML where appropriate, including those arising from audits/reviews, and tracking of issues, monitoring of mitigation action plans and undertake corrective actions to closure.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Line of Businesses and Global Functions to support Anti- Bribery & Corruption policies and Procedures.
- Support Senior Manager to ensure Senior Management is appropriately advised on Anti- Bribery & Corruption risk issues.
- Drive clear and consistent communication and awareness throughout the organisation on Anti- Bribery & Corruption Policies and Procedures, building compliance culture within the organisation and build strong collaboration with the Line of Businesses and Global Functions as well as with Region and Group to effectively control financial crime risk.
- Deal with enquiries from colleagues of other business areas in a professional, responsive manner, giving them appropriate guidance, referring to management where necessary.
- Deal with enquiries from external sources i.e. regulator, in a professional manner, providing them with appropriate information, referring to management where necessary and appropriate.
- Coordinate and manage Anti- Bribery & Corruption project activities and issue resolutions and provide guidance and support as appropriate, ensuring deliverables within timeline and objectives met.
- Foster strong collaboration, positive and professional working relationship with FCC colleagues, Regional Anti- Bribery & Corruption, Line of Businesses and Global Functions.
- Drive continuous improvement to the Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policies and Procedures, alignment and coordination between Anti- Bribery & Corruption and other areas of FCC, Lines of Businesses and Global Functions and process efficiency though evaluation of the Programme and processes, feedbacks, etc.
- At all times adhere to Group and Regulatory policies.
You will have
- Possess a relevant degree in compliance/legal.
- Has a minimum of 5 to 10 years of working experience related to legal, and compliance within the banking and financial services industry
- Experienced professional with a broad knowledge of AB&C issues across the financial services industry and direct involvement in an AB&C role.
- Proven oversight and/or supervision of projects or programmes, preferably within a commercial environment.
- Good understanding of risk or compliance; Good understanding and knowledge of banking activities, products, processes and systems, and able to navigate through for information.
- Some appreciation of the application of rules and other relevant legislation and guidance, to project governance and oversight.
- Proven analytical skills, together with the ability to support decisions with sound commercial reasoning.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business implications and analyses findings for presentation both to Colleagues and Business Heads.
- Proven ability to design technically proficient, but simplified charts and other presentation/project management tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong written communication, presentation and influencing skills with message being conveyed effectively in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Able to work confidently and in an environment of competing demands/tight time-lines and experience in collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Proven team player with an open communication style.