About our client
Our client is one of the largest financial services group in Malaysia. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
This role is to conduct independent validation on anti-money laundering (AML) models, statistical analysis and optimization of the transaction monitoring system. The Statistician will execute model validation, complex statistical analysis, data visualizations, data processing based on the globally consistent standard procedures and templates.
- To perform model independent validation of complex predictive models, within the agreed schedule and ensure execution follows the global methodology and is in compliance with model governance policy.
- Apply statistical methods to organize, analyze, and interpret data to perform model validations.
- Provide data pulls and reports directly from Oracle Database.
- Write efficient SQL and PL-SQL queries in complex Very Large Scale database environment.
- Monitor time and capacity used during query execution, design efficient query execution plans.
- Provide technical support to the team by implementing automation tools and integrating MS Office Excel, Oracle Database and SAS platforms.
- Design technical solutions supporting complex data reporting and analytical tasks.
- Generate complex graphical data reports, including data crosstabs, scatter plots and statistical measures.
- Ensure Data Quality and Reliability.
- Design and implement various Data Quality methods in SAS and Oracle database.
- Run quality checks against database and report all data issues.
- Detect data anomalies and identify source of data problems.
- Recommend data quality solutions.
- Prepare model validation reports in a detailed, structured and clear manner, describing the outcomes of the analysis performed and include a conclusion based on the validation.
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Conduct annual model performance assessments to ensure existing models are working as intended and meet the criteria and/or make model improvement recommendations.
Distribute validation reports and consult with model and business owners and other stakeholders such as senior management, on model validation results.
You will have
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in SAS and/or R software.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and Data Marts/Data Warehouses.
- Strong programming skills (VBA, SAS 4GL, SQL, R).
- Statistical/data analytical skills - including both calculation and interpretation of outcome.
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls.
- Understanding of technical requirements, ability to communicate with Technical Support.
- Proficiency in data visualization and scripting/programming languages (VBA, SAS 4GL,SQL/PL-SQL, R).
- Experience in designing AML detection and monitoring systems.
- Experience with very large transactional systems. Knowledge of Mantas will be considered as asset.
- Master degree in statistics/mathematics/technical science (PhD degree is considered as extra asset, but minimum requirement is MA degree).
- Degree in economics/banking may be considered if strong analytical skills proved.