About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role will be responsible to support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and also the Head of AML in all AML policy and procedure related matters.
To support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and also the Head of AML in:
- Development of Country AML Written Programme and periodic review of AML policies and procedures.
- Preparing/completing gap analysis, dispensation, breaches and variance log, setting Country AML Plan, articulating mitigating controls with relevant stakeholders, executing, tracking and monitoring completion of agreed action plans and managing BAU projects for AML.
- Assessment of AML risks and controls, analysis of MIs to provide strategic appraisal of emerging trends and risk issues, as well as provision of AML risk data input to relevant stakeholders.
- Escalation of AML risk issues to Senior Management, FCC Steering Committee, Risk Management Committee and Regional AML where appropriate, including those arising from audits/ reviews, and tracking of issues and monitoring of mitigation action plans to closure.
- Preparing, coordinating and managing responses to Monitor requests, regulatory visits, Audits, Compliance Monitoring and Testing, Assurance reviews, etc., and undertake corrective actions for FCC AML.
- Development of country AML training requirements, training materials and delivery of training where required.
- Ensuring AML is structured in accordance with the Global AML TOM and preparing required AML Governance such as delegation matrix, badging activities, staffing, etc.
- Preparation of FCC Dashboard, Country Money Laundering Reporting Officer report, EWRA report and other reporting requirements.
- Coordinating FCC Steering Committee meetings.
- Providing advice/ input on AML policies, risks and controls, including to the LoB and CMAT in developing and carrying out the annual testing plans.
- Work closely with Regional AML Officer, Line of Businesses and Global Functions to support AML Written Programme and Governance model.
- Support to ensure Senior Management is appropriately advised on AML risk issues.
- Drive clear and consistent communication and awareness throughout the organisation on AML Written Programme, building compliance culture within the organisation and build strong collaboration with the Line of Businesses and Global Functions as well as with Region and Group to effectively control financial crime risk.
- Deal with enquiries from colleagues of other business areas in a professional, responsive manner, giving them appropriate guidance, referring to management where necessary.
- Deal with enquiries from external sources i.e. regulator, in a professional manner, providing them with appropriate information, referring to management where necessary and appropriate.
- Coordinate and manage AML project activities and issue resolutions and provide guidance and support as appropriate, ensuring deliverables within timeline and objectives met.
- Foster strong collaboration, positive and professional working relationship with FCC colleagues, Regional AML Officer, Line of Businesses and Global Functions.
- Drive continuous improvement to the AML Written Programme, alignment and coordination between AML and other areas of FCC, Lines of Businesses and Global Functions and process efficiency though evaluation of the Programme and processes, feedbacks, etc.
- At all times adhere to Group and Regulatory policies.
You will have
- Minimum Degree.
- Experienced professional with a broad knowledge of AML issues across the financial services industry and direct involvement in an AML role.
- Regulatory and /or legal experience would be helpful but is not essential.
- Good understanding and knowledge of banking activities, products, processes and systems, and able to navigate through for information.
- Able to evaluate risk and mitigating controls and consider their Business impact.
- Strong analytical, lateral and conceptual thinking, decision making skills and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to identify links, evaluate issues in a holistic manner and make recommendations to drive strategic decision making.
- Strong spoken and written communication, presentation and influencing skills with message being conveyed effectively in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Able to work confidently and in an environment of competing demands and experience in collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance.
- ICA AML or ACAMS qualification an advantage.